Skip Navigation

Easington Colliery Church

Location

Information

Easington Colliery Methodist Church was built in 1913 and was one of three chapels in Easington Colliery.
In 1942 the Wesleyan Church joined and it was then known as St. John's Methodist Church. In 1956 the third Church (Bourne Methodist) joined and the name was changed yet again to the name it is known as today.

The Church was renovated in 1967 with choir stalls removed and the pews replaced by chairs to enable the Church to be used as a dual-purpose building as there is no Church Hall. An active part is played by the Church in the Easington Churches Together and all Ecumenical services and activities in the collier.

A few members meet for worship each week and a warm welcome is given to all visitors.

The Church will celebrate its Centenary in November 2013

For further information about the church or baptisms/weddings/funerals please contact the Rev. Christopher Wood-Archer on 0191 377 0230

Timetable

Worship
Every Sunday at 10.00am

Local Choir practice, Knit & Natter, Tai Chi
Weekly

Churches Together Project - Cafe Together on Thursdays weekly providing a hot meal for £1.00. Also providing a Foodbank, Credit Union Paypoint and a Fresh Fruit & Vegetable Market. Volunteers are welcome.

Ladies Circle Fellowship
Monthly

Church Fayre, Toy Service, Carol Service.
Yearly

During the year, concerts are held on a regular basis along with coffee mornings. Easington Colliery Band use the premises to practice when rehearsing for national competitions and they also play for the carols during the Carol Service.